cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Future Plans To Allow “Recent Bookmarks” Alphabetical Sorting?

Joshua_Belyeu
Making moves

I’ve been a longtime Firefox user, and I generally like most of the program, but one thing that’s persistently bothered me is I can’t arrange my bookmarks by ABC order…at least, not automatically. They show up properly in the actual folder, but when I pull the browser’s list down its all done by date added, and I honestly hate it. Are there any plans for Mozilla to fix this in a forthcoming update? Just curious - thanks for your time.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox has a feature to manually sort bookmarks A-Z. You right-click the folder and choose Sort By Name to sort the contents of that folder. For top-level containers like Bookmarks Menu and Bookmarks Toolbar, you need to open the Bookmarks Sidebar (Ctrl+B, or on Mac, Command+B) or Library window (Ctrl+Shift+O, or on Mac, Command+Shift+O) to right-click those folders.

There is no built-in way to force newly added bookmarks to be placed in alpha order, but there are some add-ons for that if you want to reduce manual sorting. These have both been around for a long time, but I don't use them myself:

Also, you mentioned Recent Bookmarks, which will always be in reverse chron order. Perhaps it would be helpful to add the optional Bookmarks Menu toolbar button. More info on that here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmarks-firefox#w_bookmarks-menu-button-on-the-toolbar